Losing weight by dieting and exercising is excellent; however, if your mind is not focused you'll never follow through. You'll continue to blame your lack of weight loss on the weight loss regimen that you've adopted, never taking into consideration that it takes hard work and dedication to lose weight and achieve your weight loss goals. Many people feel that diets are some magical way of losing weight and after awhile become disheartened when there is a lack of progress. They then begin a new search for a new diet not realizing that their weight loss goals are not being met because of their own lack of dedication and perseverance. Losing weight and getting the body that you've always dreamed of begins with your mindset. It's important for you to know that unless you've made a true commitment to your weight loss goals you'll never succeed. Here are some tips to follow in order to help you maximize your weight loss success.
10 Tips to losing weight and keeping it off!
1) First and foremost visit your family Doctor and make sure that you're in good health. Explain to him that you're unhappy with your weight and planning to start a diet and exercise program. He may have some helpful suggestions to get you started.
2) Buy a journal at an office supply store and record your weight loss goals and progress as you begin your journey to a new you.
3) Record your weight and measurements at the beginning of your weight loss regimen and every couple of days thereafter into your journal (don't get discouraged if there are some days that your weight hasn't changed). You are a work in progress and it takes time.
4) Take a picture of yourself and place it on your refrigerator door. Find a picture in a magazine of someone that has the body type you desire (be realistic) placing it next to the one of you on the refrigerator door.
5) Make a true commitment to yourself no matter how difficult it may get, stay focused and keep your eye on what will be, not on what is.
6) Tell a close friend or family member that you're making a commitment to losing weight and ask for their encouragement and support, it's a way of subconsciously holding ourselves accountable not wanting to publicly fail.
7) Now it's time to look for a diet that you feel has the best potential for helping you reach your weight loss goals. Do some serious research prior to making your decision.
8) If you're able to afford it, join a gym or health club that offers state of the art exercise equipment, exercise classes and training support. If not, create an exercise program that will help to burn those calories. Start off slow, steadily increasing in intensity.
9) Take pictures of yourself, recording your progress.
10) Most importantly, stay focused and determined, a well thought out plan has the greatest chance of success. Keep in mind that losing weight and getting the body that you've always dreamed of is not something that happens overnight, but it's one that is well worth it. Once achieved you'll have a new found confidence that will overflow into your personal life and you'll be a much happier and healthier person because of it.
Weight loss conclusion:
Stop the procrastination and self pity party and start on the road to a new healthier you. Staying focused with the right mindset is the beginning of good things to come in your life.